Hacked!

News and Announcements from The Ant Ranch
Adam
Site Admin

Hacked!

Postby Adam » 29 Nov 2012, 10:24

Sadly, the forum was hacked in a way that in attempting to restore it, all non-admin users and their posts were lost. I'm leaving the replies from myself in the forums, even tho' people browsing the forums cannot see the original posts I'm responding to. It's unfortunate that we have lost the history that was here.

I may take this opportunity to revamp the entire forum, but at this time, I will leave it in this state.

Adam
Site Admin

Re: Hacked!

Postby Adam » 24 Sep 2013, 14:31

We have just finished another round of cleanups after a series intrusion that seemed to come from existing verified accounts. This has lead to the removal of all inactive accounts.

We apologize if this has removed your account. If this has happened, please sign up for a new account.

Adam
Site Admin

Re: Hacked!

Postby Adam » 29 Dec 2014, 20:31

YAROA (Yet another round of attacks...)

The Q&A Capcha was defeated and answers to the questions were posted somewhere. We have received a new wave of spam. The only viable solution under the circumstances was to delete all new users from the start of December 2014 until now (29th Dec. 2014).

I apologize if your new account was removed, but I could find no easy criteria, not vet new legitimate posts from the thousands of pending posts that were added.

If you need to post, please create a new account or contact me as the administrator of this board.

Return to “Announcements”