Is this still supported? Many links are broken.

Discussions, Solutions & How To with Inventory
D3K17

Is this still supported? Many links are broken.

Postby D3K17 » 26 Mar 2014, 09:24

Hello,

I have seriously been considering using your inventory solution for our upcoming game. Problem being your unity demo and many other links to find out information seem to be dead and or missing. Have you noticed this? I originally didn't bother after I noticed the link was dead on the asset store but upon further investigation (as it is getting closer and closer to the time to figure out if we should build a basis off an existing asset or build our own) it seems to be loosely supported somewhat.

Just checking in. Can I get a working demo and expect support upon purchase as in getting this up and running in our game?
Thanks!
:)

Adam
Site Admin

Re: Is this still supported? Many links are broken.

Postby Adam » 12 Apr 2014, 14:57

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. With the ramp up to GDC and then a family holiday, I've been away from the website. I'm now back in the mosh pit.

This product is still supported, and no, I had not noticed the broken Asset Store link.

If you need a link, you can find the product page here:
http://theantranch.com/inventory-manager.html

I can see that the demo is broken. I'll try to get this restored this w/e. When I do, I'll confirm with a link.

Now - to be fair - this product was put on hold in anticipation of the release of the new sprite based UI in Unity.

With this uGUI framework (finally) on the horizon, when it's available to the public I will release a new version of Inventory Manager rebuilt from the ground up for 4.5/5.0 and uGUI.

What stage are you at with your game? Can you get started with this version?

I expect that the loot generation should be the same. The main Inventory Manager would be completely replaced, but I plan on it being a 100% modular replacement.

So - tldr;

Is supported.
Will be replaced soon.
Need to fix that link, thanks.

Adam
Site Admin

Re: Is this still supported? Many links are broken.

Postby Adam » 12 Apr 2014, 17:43

Temp fix up!

I simply reinstalled the old page.

I'll fix up the player to work with the new site and then redirect the asset store link.

http://theantranch.com/InventoryManager.html

Return to “Inventory (for Unity Gui)”